Maintaining good oral hygiene offers countless health benefits, some of which are not as widely understood as one would think. It’s much more than white teeth and fresh breath. Brushing and flossing your teeth regularly will helps prevent gum disease, a condition that is linked to more serious diseases including diabetes, heart disease, stroke and cancer.
Apart from that, the following are other great benefits of having a good oral hygiene:
- Prevents tooth decay
- Minimizes tooth sensitivity
- Prevents cavities, and the need for fillings
- Preventative dental care is less costly than urgent treatments
- Preserves natural teeth and lessens the likelihood of needing crowns or dentures
- Constantly having fresher breath
- Prevents the need for root canals and oral surgery
- Excellent gum health
- Lowers the risk of developing serious diseases like cancer, stroke, diabetes and heart disease
- Healthier pregnancy
- In general, it promotes healthier mouth and body!
How To Maintain Good Oral Hygiene:
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day
- Floss once a day
- Drink water in between meals
- Regular visit to your dentist
For more dental health tips, contact Oyster Point Dentistry.